Sunday, May 5, 2019

My Sister...a special note


My Sister……

Days and days we wait for reports on why My Sister is not feeling good. Then the one day comes My Sister calls me on the phone. She received the report from the Doctor. She said it is Cancer. I said “Oh no.” and began to cry. My Sister said to me “Don‘t cry.”
Months have now gone by with My Sister getting ready for her 4th chemotherapy treatment. She is the strongest woman I have ever met and so blessed she is My Sister. I am so proud of my baby Sister. So many reasons I could not write them all down. But to describe her to someone who does not know her. She is that person who is your best friend.  Everyone knows all about a best friend. There is not one person who has ever NOT experienced that special bond.

My Sister is special. First off she is my baby sister so I have known her from the day she was born. My Sister is precious, beautiful, thoughtful, caring, very smart, and an amazing caregiver to all those around her.

Yes, this is a difficult time for My Sister right now but never think for a moment she has let up on the confidence in being healed. She has many things on her “to do” list and plans to do them plus adding to that list.

So caregivers beware when you think you are going to help My Sister because she will be right next to you. Whether doing laundry, cleaning the floors, dusting or washing windows. She is strong and is never going to listen to anyone who says no you can not do that.

To My Sister, I love you with all my heart. For you I will continue to do anything in the world for you. Every day you are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for you to heal. God already knows what he needs to do to make your life the best. So, yes, I am counting on him to give My Sister a good and long life. Yes, I am selfish because I need My Sister for my life.

So My Sister says, “Don’t cry.” Listening to her, I will do as she says to be strong for her….My Sister.  Even though I share tears with her and for her, My Sister knows I will be there for her always. Forever being strong for My Sister.
I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment