Wednesday, June 22, 2022

SMALL FORTUNE



💰 SMALL FORTUNE ðŸ’° 

I watched a pretty girl as she walked on by.

When a copper penny on the ground caught her eye.

She didn't seem to care if it was heads up, or heads down,

To her a coin has value, however it's found

The smile was genuine as she picked it up,

This would be a good day, can you believe the luck?

Right then I knew she had my undying affection,

Could I like that penny attract her attention?

I knew I didn't have much, so here's what I told her

"We'll be of One heart, One life; growing stronger not just older,"

A fortune's a fortune whether it's great or it's small.

Who knew our shared life would deliver it all.

She deserves all the best that a life has to offer, 

Not just some found pennies to add to her coffer.

But treasures to her are not made of gold.

They're of shared memories, our love, and more days to have and to hold.

Today I find that the luck is all mine,

She's my wife and best friend all of the time

I pray that God grants us a life of the greatest portion,

But no matter what, I've found in her my small fortune.

Love always, Your Cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment